GMI Property is committed to promoting sustainability. Concern for the environment and promoting sustainable practice are at the core of our beliefs and professional activities.
Our business has an important role to play in leading the way in reducing negative environmental impacts and tackling climate change. Our ambition is to minimise our use of materials and energy, reduce waste generation and maximise low carbon opportunities.
Where we undertake development activities, we aim to:
- Comply fully with all applicable environmental legislation and integrate sustainability considerations into our business decisions
- Reduce use of energy, water and natural resources, both in development and day to day operational activities
- Ensure that developments are designed to prevent or minimise adverse impact on the environment and human health
- Place Biodiversity net gain at the heart of our projects, to ensure habitats are wildlife enhanced and left in a measurably better state than prior to the development
- Reduce waste production, facilitate recycling of waste wherever possible, and ensure disposal of the balance in accordance with best environmental option
- Ensure our contractors and suppliers engage in processes to also minimise their minimise energy usage, water pollution and waste production
- Measure and report on our carbon footprint, with the aim of minimising our footprint in the future
- Only give consideration to consultants, contractors and suppliers who can demonstrate that they share our vision for sustainable practice